This page has moved to our new location. You will automatically be redirected to the new page (http://www.fremantlepress.com.au) in 5 seconds.
Also, don't forget to update your bookmarks!
If your browser doesn't automatically go there within a few seconds, you may want to go to the new location. manually.
Fremantle Arts Centre Press will consider unsolicited manuscripts in the areas of fiction, poetry, biography, history, photography, cooking, art, children's picture books (published under the Sandcastle imprint) and fiction for young adult readers.
- The author must be a Western Australian, that is, they must live in Western Australia or be of Western Australian origin. The only exception is in the case of non-fiction, where the work will be considered if the subject matter has a strong Western Australian focus. Submissions not meeting these criteria cannot be considered;
- Manuscripts should be complete. We do not accept part manuscripts, sample chapters or synopses;
- Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, with clear margins, on one side of A4 paper and bound together in a file, or with bulldog clips and a rubber band so that there are no loose sheets;
- Manuscripts should be accompanied by a stamped self-addressed envelope for their return, if necessary;
- If your manuscript is illustrated do not send original artwork or photographs, we prefer to receive photocopies of illustrations in the first instance;
- Prose works, apart from young readers' fiction and children's picture books, should be at least 40,000 words in length, while collections of poetry should be sufficient to make a book of at least eighty pages. Individual short stories and poems cannot be considered.
The initial assessment process takes between three and four weeks. If a manuscript is recommended for further evaluation, it may be up to four months before a final decision is made by the editorial committee. The Press receives over six hundred manuscripts each year and cannot, unfortunately, provide detailed written reports on each submission.
|Fremantle Arts Centre Press|
|PO Box 158|
|North Fremantle WA 6159|